Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pizza Beer Bread

This beautiful fall weather always puts me in the mood to bake and one of my favorite things to put together is beer bread.  It's so simple and quick, but so warm and delicious.  And of course, since everything in my house has to be "custom", I am constantly coming up with new variations on the basic recipe.  This latest concoction tastes like those gooey bread sticks you get at the pizzeria.  I love it!

Pizza Beer Bread
3 cups SIFTED self-rising flour
1/4 cup sugar (based on taste)
12 oz beer (your choice, my favorite is Bud Light but I'm still experimenting)
1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp pizza seasoning spices (adjust to your taste)
2-3 tbsp butter/margarine
Garlic powder


Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, sugar, pepperoni, cheese and spices so seasoning is well distributed.  Pour in beer and stir gently, just until moist.  Pour into greased loaf pan and drop pads of butter on top.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.  Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment