Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Diet friendly 69 calorie cocktail

So I recently went to a Mexican restaurant with my boyfriend and indulged in a beautiful, delicious, calorie-laden watermelon margarita. Boy, was it good!
I have no idea how many calories were in it and it's probably better if I don't find out considering my dinner was probably a bit indulgent as well. 
So I have since been looking for ideas to recreate this wonderful drink and make it a lot more diet friendly. My brain merged a few different ideas and this is what I came up with. 
A shot of Jose, a sprinkle of watermelon kool-aid, then fill the glass with sprite zero. The verdict: it does not taste like the watermelon margarita from the restaurant, but is very good. My bf says it tastes like a jolly rancher. I wouldn't know about that, I haven't had a jolly rancher in probably 20 years since I broke my tooth on one when I was a kid. 
Anyway, this drink is delicious and only 69 calories in the tequila. All other ingredients are zero calorie. Yay!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment